At Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) sister brand to British Gas we provide integrated energy solutions that deliver cost efficiency, resilience and accelerate our customers’ journeys to a low carbon future. We serve business and public sector organisations, increasingly focusing on delivering decarbonisation of power, heating and transport through our portfolio of solutions. We build, operate and maintain clean energy assets. We help our customers to live more sustainably, simply and affordably.
Sitting in our UK and Ireland business reporting to our BD Director you will focus on creating new leads and implementing sales strategies for high-value Industrial and Commercial (I&C) customer base that covers the whole of the UK and Ireland. Working collaboratively with our wider internal team you will need to have a hunter mentality and a proven track record in new business development and sales management. We operate in 4 main areas: Public sector/Large industrial; Solar solutions; CHP Solutions and Ops and Maintenance.
You will be joining a financially solid organisation with a pedigree of clients and it’s own assets at a time of strong growth momentum and a bright future.
In your new role as you will have some of the following accountabilities:
- Generate new leads outside of existing pipeline to sell the following:
- H2CHP- multi-site or large-scale H2CHP solutions, funded or capital with O&M
- Solar- Large-scale or multi-site funded projects, not to the exclusion of capital funded
- Large clients- multi-tech solutions
- Define and develop new sales opportunities, building relationships with clients reaching the appropriate level of contacts within high value organisations (e.g. FD and CEO) and potentially take the deal to negotiation stage before handing over to Heads of Sales to close the deal
- Target new opportunities and represent the business at events such as trade shows, exhibitions, and networking events
- Provide innovative solutions to influence customer buying habits and leverage Centrica capability to ensure maximum value is generated from deals
- Develop relationships at the ‘C’ level, understand the customer drivers, engage with relevant stakeholders, and establish the required credibility to influence procurement and financial decisions
- Advise the main CBS interface with the customer and provide solid support to internal support teams to drive clear and tangible progress from concept design, Project Development Agreement/Heads of Terms, and Solution Development. Potentially take the lead for Contract Close if the relationship exists. Also ensuring at each stage deals are optimally structured to meet both customer and Centrica requirements
- Work closely with Legal and Commercial to support the development of bespoke contractual documentation for the delivery of projects
- Maintain a Salesforce database of pipeline opportunities and contract wins, providing regular KPI reports and sales forecasts to the Senior Management Team
- Provide activity reports using the tools available to keep customer activity up to date – including accurate pipelines and forecasts, meeting activity and logging of opportunity plans
- Proactively contribute to customer insight sessions and Joint Working Groups
- Support your sales colleagues with the vetting and development of commercial opportunities, feeding the outcomes into the relevant business reviews
- Provide competitor and market intelligence to influence the strategy and tactical position of CBS UK&I
To be considered for this role we would like you to have some of the following experience and skills:
Commercially aware you will have experience of selling power generation/renewables in a B2B format. We will also consider similar experience.
You will have developed innovative solutions collaboratively and have strong knowledge of modelling of sales Gross/Net Margins. Knowledge of project financing offerings and ability to decipher complex models is helpful for your role.
Ideally you will have strong technical and commercial skills in energy efficient systems with direct experience of delivering sales of energy saving projects. You will exercise consultative sales techniques with gravitas listening to customers’ needs. You will also have the ability to understand onsite generation strategies and high levels of analysis to tailor solutions.
Finally you are able to think strategically in assessing opportunities against the bigger picture and identifying potential risks and opportunities. You are able to articulate this clearly through great communication.
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Enhanced paternity leave
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Wellness programme
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- Yearly bonus