Marketing Cheshire is a wholly owned part of the sub-region’s Local Enterprise Partnership and has applied to become one of VisitEngland’s first Local Visitor Economy Partnerships (LVEPs). It is responsible for promoting Cheshire and Warrington as a great place to live, work, invest, study and visit to residents, businesses, leisure visitors and investors nationally and internationally. In so doing it plays a key role as part of the LEP’s wider economic development strategy in realising the sub-region’s vision of becoming the healthiest, most sustainable, inclusive and growing place in the country.
Marketing Cheshire is seeking a highly experienced marketing and PR professional who is equally comfortable running campaigns that market Cheshire and Warrington as a great place to live, work, invest and visit and running campaigns, for example, to explain to residents and businesses the importance of the net zero agenda or to lobby Government to locate the HQ of Great British Railways in Crewe. You will have a proven track record of planning, delivering and commissioning campaigns and PR activity across the full range of channels and experience of developing, motivating and inspiring a high performing team.
Reporting direct to the Managing Director of Marketing Cheshire, you will be working alongside a range of other colleagues including the Head of Corporate Events and the Head of Business Engagement and will be responsible for leading a team of four other marketing professionals. You will also deputise for the Managing Director when they are absent. You’ll be comfortable with and have already made a success of a hybrid style of working, sometimes working from home, sometimes from Marketing Cheshire’s offices in Chester and on other occasions travelling to the main LEP office in Winsford or out to see stakeholders in Chester and more widely across the whole of Cheshire and Warrington.
Particular responsibilities will include:
- Leading and developing the marketing strategy for Cheshire and Warrington as a great place to visit, live, work and invest;
- Developing and maintaining the Destination Management Plan (DMP) for Chester and Cheshire;
- Taking the lead on visitor economy marketing including planning for both annual and shorter-term campaigns to achieve the aims of the DMP;
- Oversee corporate communications including delivery of strategic PR activity, with oversight of web and digital content across the LEP and Marketing Cheshire;
- Development and delivery of Marketing Cheshire’s travel trade marketing strategy
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free flu jabs
- Gym membership
- Paid volunteer time
- Sick pay
- Work from home
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Chester