We’re looking for a UI Designer to join the Tech team at a growing global Data and Analytics business.
Supporting fully remote working, you’ll join at an exciting time of analytics platform development where you will be at the forefront of building a services-based engine that powers customer insight.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create high quality responsive UI designs and optimize existing designs for user-facing web applications ensuring intuitive and best user experience.
- Drive end-to-end design initiatives to create an intuitive and delightful experience for our users.
- Create user stories, journeys, intuitive and user-centric wireframes, page layouts, prototypes, mock-ups, and UI designs with an application of usability principles.
- Participate and collaborate in analysing analytics platform product requirements and product planning to understand the company products.
- Partner with product managers, front-end engineers, and UX thought leaders to solve for design problems leveraging an agile way of working.
- Research and synthesize user data to create 'simple' practical design solutions to complex design challenges.
- Maintain design standards throughout the products' interface, as well as continue to improve our existing design system.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a UI designer in an agency or client side.
- Have experience working within Agile team and assist other designers to deliver designs across different digital platforms, (app, website, dashboard, etc.).
- Understand the principles of UX and able to assist UI designers in designing wireframe and hi-fi prototype with design system.
- Strong skills in design software, especially Figma.
- You are a UI designer (with UX experience) who is able to transform your research and thinking to high-fidelity designs.
- You are a quick study and don't need a full spec to get going, you enjoy working iteratively, and are happy to pivot when needed.
- You have designed B2B products in the past for enterprise and SME clients.
- You have designed experiences which need to be used by a broad range of personas ideally in a retail context.
- You are comfortable designing for complex data structures, and large datasets.
- Strong communication both verbal and written.
- Prior experience designing for Analytics and SaaS products.
- Demonstrating solid understanding of web technologies and application of user-centred design methods with knowledge of high-fidelity interaction design, UI/UX principles, best practices, and techniques.
- Portfolio of UI works demonstrating quality examples of clean and clear designs, easy-to-use flow and principles that meet user stories.
- Strong background in visual design with an understanding of graphic design communication skills, like colour, iconography, typography, and layout a plus.
- Proficiency in industry-standard tools for design, presentation, and prototyping, such as Adobe Suite, Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Experience with creating simple and clear design documentation for multiple audiences (developers, product owners, and other stakeholders).
- Ability to communicate effectively using tools such as JIRA, Confluence and Slack.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and critical thinking skills.