Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
What you'll do
“We are welcoming a curious minded and accomplished great teammate to join our UX Research team. You will be running discovery research and validating design work for our award winning TV and content products, ensuring our customers are represented in all product and design decisions.” – Rickard Soderberg, Head of UX Research
- Help craft the direction of our products through UX research, as well as the direction of our overall UX research practice through developing and advocating appropriate research strategies, processes and tools.
- Lead UX research projects across one of our product portfolios, leading all aspects of the work of other UX researchers on that product.
- Identify, lead and advise on research plans, user research strategy and methods.
- Mentor and coach other researchers within the team.
- Facilitate and moderate both generative and evaluative UX research studies, analyse data and videos, produce research findings and deliver concrete recommendations.
- Present progress and findings clearly and expertly to a range of senior collaborators.
- Plan and report on UX research budgets and produce forecasts for management and the finance team.
- Demonstrate the impact of UX Research as part of the overall product design development process by ensuring that our product, design and wider teams have this front of mind as we help them define, design and build new experiences.
What you'll bring
- 5+ years’ experience as a UX Researcher (or from a highly relevant background).
- Demonstrable experience in planning and conducting UX research (including lab based usability studies, remote user research, surveys, interviews, diary studies and card-sorting) – you should be able to produce example of recent research work where the findings and contribution made a positive impact to the user experience.
- Understand the interplay between business requirements, product strategy and user experience.
- Confident and persuasive oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of UX design principles
- A steadfast curiosity, always looking for why things are the way they are – you will support innovation and change and won’t be afraid to challenge the norm.
- A proactive, dedicated individual that has an equally strong team ethos.
- This role will require travel within UK.
Our Product Management team works closely with our design, delivery and business teams to build an unforgettable experience for our customers. From streaming products like NOW, to providing smart entertainment products like Sky Glass and Sky Go, and crafting unforgettable Connected Living experiences, we’re the problem solvers who find smarter and simpler ways to connect customers to more of what they love.
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here’s a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at a best-in-class rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you'll work
Recognised by The Times and Stonewall, we take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion. Investing in society, fighting racial injustice and setting ambitious targets for representation at Sky.
We’ve embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You’ll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There are also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed, and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We'd love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It’s a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn’t stop at what we do, it’s how we do it, too. We embrace each other’s differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we’ll back you all the way.